Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 20. Apr 2024, 06:26

Neues Thema erstellenAntwort schreiben Seite 1 von 1   [ 1 Beitrag ]
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 19. Jan 2013, 16:26 

Zitat:
L. Ron Hubbard’s great-grandson says Scientology is a “dangerous cult” that ruined his grandfather’s life and cast a dark shadow on his family.

“My family sees Scientology as absolute poison,” Jamie DeWolf tells Page Six. “It’s a dangerous cult.”

DeWolf’s great-grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard, created Scientology, and his grandfather, L. Ron Hubbard Jr., was a high-ranking member for most of his life.

“But he became disgusted about what he was seeing behind the curtain, so he left,” DeWolf says. “For the rest of his life, he was hunted. And he couldn’t even have a relationship with his father.”

The Scientology founder “became more and more unhinged in his last days,” DeWolf claims. “He was lost in his own little wonderland, surrounded by this armada, this dark security force. He was totally lost.”

L. Ron Jr. changed his name and moved away so he could try to disentangle his family from his church, and the family’s dark history was rarely mentioned as DeWolf grew up.

“I had a natural affinity towards being a writer, and my family supported that and made reference to the fact that my great-grandfather was a famous writer,” he reveals. “They would show me his science fiction books but did not mention Scientology. In some ways, he was a very early role model for me.”

But when DeWolf found a picture of his great-grandfather in a book about cults around age 8, he says, “Then I started to ask questions. Then I started to learn about this darker legacy.”

DeWolf, now a writer and performer, has recently started disentangling his family’s messy past in his work, including a performed piece called “The God and the Man,” and others on his Web site. But even though he was raised Baptist Christian and never had anything to do with the church, his family warned him about mentioning it in public.

“My uncle said it was like poking a sleeping dog,” DeWolf laughs. “The Scientologists didn’t know who I was or where I was, so why should I take the risk? My family was very wary.”

And rightly so, it turned out. “Immediately they came after me and came to my door and were hunting me down,” he remembers. “They had a whole cover story. They told people that they did a show with me and that they were promoters, fellow poets and artists.”

“They were just lying to everybody,” he says. “I had private investigators following me. It’s possible my phone line had been tapped. They fight nasty. Part of it actually is a certain malicious glee in going after their targets.”

But people in Scientology, he says, have it much worse. DeWolf has said that that reality probably even contributed to the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes split. “The more [Katie] saw behind the curtain,” he’s said, “the more horrified that she probably was.” And that dark truth is why he speaks out.

“The more that I perform, and especially in the last two three years, I’ve met people who’ve had 20 years of their lives utterly destroyed by this cult,” he says. “They have relatives they can’t speak to any more, lost their kids, lost their house. It’s become very serious to me. For me to even speak out on my own genetic legacy and to be aware that I could absolutely threatened and hunted for that, that really emboldened me. I’m not gonna die with these secrets and they should be exposed.”

(The Church of Scientology has previously rejected DeWolf’s claims, saying: “Despite his public representations and self-promotion, Mr. DeWolf is not knowledgeable about the Church of Scientology or its founder.”)

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/ron_hub ... L2qLNoN01H

Zitat:
(The Church of Scientology has previously rejected DeWolf’s claims, saying: “Despite his public representations and self-promotion, Mr. DeWolf is not knowledgeable about the Church of Scientology or its founder.”)

War klar ^^

:scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks:

@Anon_MisterX

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: Sa 19. Jan 2013, 16:26 

Neues Thema erstellenAntwort schreiben Seite 1 von 1   [ 1 Beitrag ]